How to change registered mobile number in Airtel DTH?
Telecom service provider Airtel entered direct-to-home satellite services in 2008. Since then, Airtel has quickly established itself as one of the key players in the DTH field. Airtel DTH service brings home entertainment with a wide range of set-top boxes (STBs) with pre-arranged channel packs or allows users to make their own channel selection. To subscribe to its services, the customer must add a mobile number registered with the service provider. If the subscriber wishes to modify this registered mobile number, he may have to follow a few steps detailed below.
Customer should keep Airtel DTH Customer ID in hand for the process. If you don’t remember the customer ID, Airtel Digital TV customers can use SMS and Missed Calls service to find the number. To find by SMS, the subscriber can send “BAL” to 54325 from the registered mobile number. You will receive your Customer ID or Airtel DTH number as a message to the mobile number. Alternatively, the subscriber can make a missed call to 08130081300 from the registered mobile number to obtain the customer ID.
If you don’t have the registered mobile handy, you can use the Electronic Program Guide (EPG) section of the decoder to find the DTH number. Open the “Menu” of the remote control and choose “My Account” to access the EPG. The Client ID will be displayed on the screen.
Steps to Change Mobile Number for Airtel DTH
Now follow the steps below to change the mobile number of your Airtel DTH.
- To get started, visit Airtel DTH official website. The page is exclusive for updating the registered mobile number.
- Enter the Digital TV Customer ID in the space provided.
- The customer must confirm their plan and the amount of the last top-up.
- Enter the new mobile number in the space provided.
- Confirm the same by re-entering the number in the space below.
- Click on the “Edit Number” button displayed at the bottom of the screen.
- The system will request OTP validation by sending an OTP to the new mobile number entered.
- Enter the OTP in the space provided.
- Click confirm.
- The customer will receive a confirmation message.
So ! The registered mobile number of your Airtel DTH is changed.