How to use WhatsApp Business with a virtual phone number
Your privacy is at risk when you answer work calls on your home phone number. And it decreases even more when you add more staff. For this reason, many new and experienced business owners use virtual business phone number programs to get a personalized phone number for their business.
When you have a virtual business phone number, you can use the same number on various devices including computers, cell phones, and desk phones. Calls can be forwarded, voicemails can be recorded, and the same phone line can be used by multiple employees.
You don’t need any special technical skills to set up a business virtual phone number. All you have to do is download the software to your phone or computer. By using a third-party app and WhatsApp Business, you can put together a robust system that will be the solution to all your business needs.
How do you do? Well you will find out in this article where we tell you a few points about virtual cell numberswhy WhatsApp Business is your best bet and how you can use a third-party app alongside for increased efficiency.
What is a WhatsApp virtual number?
WhatsApp for Business has the potential to revolutionize the way small businesses interact with their customers. In an effort to help small businesses connect with their customers, messaging giant WhatsApp has developed this service exclusively for them. With a WhatsApp Business virtual number, you can increase the efficiency of customer interaction.
A WhatsApp business number is simply a phone number directly linked to your company’s WhatsApp Business profile.
Why should you get a virtual phone number
A virtual phone number is not tied to an actual phone line, so you can use it to route calls to any device you choose:
- A fixed telephone
- A smartphone (iPhone, Android, etc.)
- A tablet or laptop via VoIP
Small and medium enterprises will find WhatsApp Business as a cost-effective platform for improving customer interactions. When used properly, it can perform the functions of multiple channels.
- Immediate response is available for any customer issue, such as an error in a purchase or a question. There is no need for them to submit documents or call a hotline.
- Customers will know they are dealing with a real business because you need to authenticate your presence. This will speed up troubleshooting.
- WhatsApp is a user-friendly messenger with an intuitive interface. With such a gentle learning curve, your employees and customers will be able to quickly get used to WhatsApp Business to maximize efficiency.
- Over two billion people around the world use WhatsApp, making it the most widely used messaging app on the planet. You can be contacted by anyone, anywhere. Even if your business is small, remember that you can sell your products or services to individuals in other countries via the Internet.
- Once your consumers have signed up, you can send them promotional offers and share new launches with them. Share the message by typing it. As simple as that.
- Along with text, you can also share videos and photos with your friends and family members.
- End-to-end encryption protects user data in WhatsApp Business.
- Your reputation will improve if your consumers are able to solve their problems in minutes, which will increase their satisfaction.
Why use WhatsApp instead of other apps?
There are many internet calling apps that you can use with a virtual number. Skype comes to mind, which started the trend. So why WhatsApp?
- Many of your customers may not be familiar with email or a customer service hotline. The vast majority of them, on the other hand, are probably familiar with whatsapp.
- Your customers can engage with you in a two-way exchange, thanks to conversational commerce. Customers are more likely to trust you because it’s about casual conversations rather than conventional digital marketing approaches.
- It’s a well-established system, so there’s no need for your staff to learn anything new.
Here are some reasons why WhatsApp Business becomes an even better tool for business communication when combined with a virtual phone number:
- By using a virtual phone number, you can divide your personal and professional life. You can rest assured that all incoming communications are business related.
- WhatsApp Business allows you to respond quickly to consumers, but a virtual phone number would allow you to respond better to missed calls. Auto-reply to missed calls lets you schedule personalized messages to be sent in response to missed calls.
- You don’t need to buy a new phone or worry about getting a new SIM card. Virtual numbers can be activated within minutes after downloading a third-party app.
How a virtual phone number app and WhatsApp Business work together
Before binding, you must already have a virtual phone number from a third-party VoIP service. After that, the procedure is as follows:
- The first step is to download the free WhatsApp Business app for iOS or Android.
- During the registration process, use your virtual phone number as a contact.
- Once you’ve received a verification text, enter the code to activate your WhatsApp Business account!
Keep in mind that WhatsApp Business only allows you to use one device at a time, while a third-party app can allow an infinite number of devices. For this reason, if you want to use the VOIP + WhatsApp service combo, you can only use one device at a time to connect.
With WhatsApp Business, you interact with your customers on a familiar platform. With a WhatsApp Business virtual number, you also get the benefits of a virtual number through a third-party app. This is how you get the best of both worlds in the most cost effective way. As a result, not only do you improve your professional appearance, but you also provide much better customer service, which leads to better customer loyalty and retention.
What does this mean for your business? First, you won’t have to spend a lot of resources to attract new customers. Second, you can count on a higher average check and a long-term commitment. Both mean that you will reduce customer acquisition costs but increase sales.